We’re all suckers for pumpkin around this time of year. We see it everywhere. We’ve got coffee, shampoo, conditioner, candles, ice cream, room and linen spray, kale and potato chips – at what point do we draw the line?
Well, for me, personally, we never draw the line before we get to the bread. It’s hands down, my favorite thing to take on road trips, snack on in the hotel or conveniently loft amongst the dozen things on your Thanksgiving table.
So without further ado, we give you…
THE BEST SUCCULENT THANKSGIVING PUMPKIN BREAD
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl:
- 3 c Sugar (you can easily substitute 1:1 Brown Sugar)
- 3 1/3 c All Purpose Flour
- 2 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 T Baking Powder
- 1 t Nutmeg
- 1 t Ground Cloves
- 1 1/2 t Cinnamon
Mix wet ingredients together in a medium bowl:
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 1/2 c Melted Butter
- 1/2 c Canola Oil
- 1 c Water
- 1 1/2 t Vanilla Extract
- Hand mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients and then slowly combine with the dry, all at once, mixing well. No need to separate—this is also dummy proof as it doesn’t matter which order you add the ingredients in!
- Grease (3) 8.5-9” loaf pans… pour batter equally amongst them. PRO-TIP: This will also do nicely as mini-muffins. We made approximately 2 1/2 dozen mini muffins and one loaf.
- Loaf: Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – 60 minutes. Check constantly from 45 minutes on. It will be ready when the top starts cracking and a toothpick or kebab inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mini Muffins: Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Check constantly around the six minute mark. It will be ready when the top starts cracking and a toothpick or kebab inserted into the center comes out clean. All ovens differ so you may need as much as 10 minutes for these to be perfect.
These were the mini-muffins that served as a great filler for the kids’ bento lunchboxes. Also, in my belly.
If you need something to accompany the bread on your ‘turkey day’ table, consider this. By the way, if someone forgets to bring that pumpkin pie, this will bail them out!
Leave a Reply