With winter in full swing in ‘most’ parts of the country, with it comes days on end in which it’s too cold for the littles to go outside and play – it’s just too frickin’ cold. We’ve watched every movie, played every game, alphabetized our entire collection of Shopkins and are beginning to run out of things to do, but alas, we’ve got a fun and cool project that’ll keep us busy a little longer AND possibly cover snack time as well. Here’s what you need…
- 6 Large ‘Mallows (or you can use Jumbo size—cut into fourths and use one whole ‘Mallow and 1/4 of another)
- 3 T Cornstarch
- 2 t Coconut Oil*
- Some Fun, Funky Food Coloring
*Other oils work well, but don’t taste as good! Coconut Oil also smells great.
- Grab a microwave safe bowl and heat all ingredients together until the Marshmallows expand, approximately :30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and then continue to stir and combine until mixed through.
- Once it’s cooled enough, sprinkle with a touch more Cornstarch and start to knead with your hands. It will combine and become stretchy and much less sticky. If you need to, add some more Cornstarch to reduce tackiness.
Totally fun, easy sensory play, will cost you next to nothing.
This can be a fun project to do with your kids before a holiday to give to friends–green at Christmas, orange before Thanksgiving holidays, red at Valentine’s Day… and you don’t have to worry about the younger kids eating it… because it’s not filled with the harsh chemicals of other commercial modeling doughs.
free children’s books for mom http://www.newtoyviews.com
Alexandra. I see what you mean… Heather`s story is good, last wednesday I bought Fiat Panda since getting a cheque for $8029 this – 4 weeks past and-over, ten thousand last-munth. without a doubt its the easiest-job I’ve ever done. I started this 7-months ago and immediately startad making minimum $73 per hour. I use the details here,