It was a great excuse to actually document the insanity behind making our own guacamole. This recipe is something that my wife and I have adapted over the last few years. It’s a little bit of everything… everything but the kitchen sink.
Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s perfect for hanging out while watching your favorite game or even when you’ve got the neighbors coming over so your kids can fight to the death and burn off energy. I give you…
KITCHEN SINK GUACAMOLE
- 5 ripened avocados
- 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 small limes
- 1/2 medium RED onion (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 1 tomato (halved, seeded and then diced)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro (rough chop)
- 3-5 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, plus some juice if jarred (these could be anything hot, poblanos, etc., diced)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (it sounds crazy, but trust me?)
- few pinches of seasoning salt (we use Krazy salt, but you can use traditional salt and pepper)
MISSING PICTURE AND SECRET STEPS:
Due to the sensitive nature of these vital ingredients, plus the fact that I forgot to take pictures of them, ADD your SOUR CREAM, MAYO and SEASONING. Fold this all together onto a serving platter or into a bowl or hiking boot – whatever floats your boat.
I hope you guys enjoyed our KITCHEN SINK GUACAMOLE and feel free to comment – I’d love to hear any variations that you guys might use. The greatest part about this snack is that you honestly don’t have to follow any specific instructions. If you’ve got the basic ingredients, you just slam it all together and refine with a ‘little of this’ or a ‘little of that’ until you get that perfect, creamy blend.